Yield: 6 Burgers
1 ½ lb. Ground chicken breast
½ lb. Onion, yellow, sliced
3 Dash Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. Cumin
¼ c. Whole-wheat breadcrumbs
½ lb. Crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 oz. Olive oil
To taste: Salt
To taste: Black pepper
As needed: Arugula, washed and dried
- Slice the onion and add to a sauté pan with olive oil. Heat on medium-low heat and cook until the onions are caramelized. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to a pan with olive oil and cook over medium-low heat until they are softened and any moisture from the mushrooms is cooked off. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, cumin, breadcrumbs, chicken, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated. Form into burgers, using a ½ c measuring cup as a guide.
- Grill the chicken burgers until internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
- Toast the buns.
- To assemble your burgers, add a chicken burger to the bottom of the bun, add some reserved caramelized onions and mushrooms, then a bit of arugula. Top the burger off with the top of the bun. Serve immediately