Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Serves: 2
2 Pierport® Seafood frozen lobster tails (4 ounces each), thawed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups sliced white mushrooms
½ large shallot, finely chopped
⅓ cup dry sherry
¾ cup heavy cream
⅓ cup Bountiful Harvest™ frozen green peas
½ teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen® salt
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Heat deep, wide-bottomed 2- to 3-quart saucepan or skillet with 1½ inches water to a boil over high heat. Add lobster tails; cover and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 4 minutes or until shells turn bright red and internal temperature reaches 135°. Transfer lobster to cutting board; cool slightly.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook 8 minutes or until mushrooms brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer mushroom mixture to bowl.
- In same skillet, heat sherry to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute. Add cream, peas, salt and cayenne pepper; heat to a boil and cook 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through.
- With kitchen scissors, cut along the side of each tail’s underside membrane nearest the hard shell, then gently remove meat in 1 piece; discard membranes and reserve shells. Cut lobster meat crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces; add to skillet with sauce and cook over medium heat 1 minute or until heated through. Fill shells with lobster mixture to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 filled lobster shell): 512 Calories, 45g Fat (28g Saturated), 173mg Cholesterol, 817mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 11g Protein
Balsamic-Marinated Steak with Gorgonzola-Chive Butter
Prep: 15 minutes plus marinating and standing Cook: 8 minutes Serves: 2
3 tablespoons canola oil
1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1½ teaspoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen® steak seasoning
1 boneless New York strip or top sirloin steak (about 10 ounces)
½ cup Fair Meadow™ unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
⅛ teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
- Balsamic-Marinated Steak: In medium bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, brown sugar and steak seasoning. Place steak in large zip-top plastic bag; pour oil mixture over steak. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Gorgonzola–Chive Butter: In medium bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat butter 3 minutes or until light and fluffy; add remaining ingredients, except oil, and beat on low speed until combined. Makes about ¾ cup.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towel; let stand 15 minutes at room temperature. Heat large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat; add oil and heat 1 minute or until it shimmers. Add steak to skillet; cook 4 minutes or until bottom is charred. Turn steak; cook 3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare. Transfer steak to cutting board and tent with aluminum foil; let stand 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing). Slice steak against the grain; serve topped with butter.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (5 ounces steak, 1 tablespoon butter): 644 Calories, 54g Fat (18g Saturated), 132mg Cholesterol, 622mg Sodium, 4g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 34g Protein
Wrap remaining butter in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months. Use in baked or mashed potatoes, or stir into corn or pasta dishes.