Shrimp en Papillote with Sauce Veracruz
Yield: 12 Servings
3 c. Basmatic Rice
3 lbs. Roma Tomatoes, chopped
6 Garlic Cloves, peeled and minced
1 lb. Yellow onion, sliced thin
3/4 c. ripe olives, sliced
3/4 c. Queen olives, sliced
1 c. jalapeno slices, drained and chopped
1 oz. capers, drained and rinsed
2 ox. oregano leaves, chopped
3 tlb. lime juice
2 tlb. lime zest
60 ea. 16/20 shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined, tail off
- Preheat oven to 400.
- prepare rice according to directions on the bag
- In a mixing bowl combine the automatizes, garlic, onions, olives, jalapenos, capers, olives, oregano, lime juice and zest until well incorporated. Put aside.
- Cut 12 sheets of parchment paper into 15 x 18 sheets. Then place a sheet of parchment paper on your work surface and add 1 cup of sauce mixture on half of the parchment sheet then arrange shrimp on top of sauce mixture. Fold the parchment paper over to cover the shrimp and sauce mixture. Fold edges to seal tightly
- Place parchment package on a baking sheet. Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque.
- Cut an X in the top of the parchment paper with kitchen shears to release the steam and aroma. Carefully pull back parchment to open. Serve with rice.