Skirt Steak with Crispy Garlic Potatoes Recipe
Yield: 4 Servings
2 Garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
To taste, Kosher Salt
To taste, Black Pepper
½ tsp. Dried thyme
3 Tlb. Olive oil
1 ½ lbs Red new potatoes, sliced 1-inch thick
1 ½ lbs. Skirt Steak, cut into 4 equal pieces
2 Tlb. Red Wine vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 bunches Watercress, thick ends removed (approximately 12 oz)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Finely chop garlic, and sprinkle with salt. Using a chef’s knife, press flat side of blade back and forth across garlic to make a paste. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in thyme and 1 tablespoon oil.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with garlic mixture; bake until browned on underside, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over high. Season steaks with salt and pepper, and cook (in two batches if necessary) until medium-rare, 3 to 6 minutes per side (depending on thickness of steak). Transfer to a plate to rest.
- While steaks rest, make salad: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, Dijon, and remaining oil; season with salt and pepper. Add watercress, and toss to combine. Serve steaks with potatoes and salad.